Where: St. Ambrose University, Rogalski Ballroom
When: November 6, 2023
1:30-2:30 Ben Greene, Educator, Activist, Resource
3:00 – 4:00 Dr. Kathy Andresen, DNP, MPH, RN, CNE & Tammy Moran, MS – PAS, PA-C
(click on presenter names for bios)
Through the lens of providing person-centered care, this program focuses on creating awareness among current and future healthcare providers in the health and wellness of the LGBTQ+ community.
The second hour of the program gives practical guidance and supports innovative methods for incorporating a variety of existing tools related to enhancing cultural humility and meeting interprofessional cultural competencies within the care of the LGBTQ+ community. This hour is specifically for health and human service educators and leaders.
- Define key words and phrases necessary in the care of the transgender patient.
- Recognize the impacts of non-inclusive care on LGBTQ+ patients.
- Apply person-centered care in practice of the LGBTQ+ patient.
- Identify knowledge, skills, and attitude barriers in delivering curriculum content to support the care of the LGBTQ+ population.
- Acknowledge one or more interventions that can be included in healthcare provider education programs to decrease disparate health outcomes in the LGBTQ+ population.
IA Nursing: 2.25 contact hours will be awarded by the Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #59,
Genesis Medical Center, Davenport, Iowa.
IL Nursing: May use IA Certicate for liscense renewal
IA All Others: May be eligible for up to 2.7 hours of continuing education credit.
Consult your governing rules to determine if appropriate subject matter criteria will
apply to credit hours.
IL OT/COTA: 2.7 contact hours by Genesis Medical Center – Silvis Campus, Silvis, IL.
IL PT/PTA: 2.7 contact hours by Genesis Medical Center – Silvis Campus, Silvis, IL.
Visit our Get Toolkits page to access the IPCC LGBTQ+ Curriculum Toolkit for Educators of Healthcare Professionals as well as other toolkits.